Forums » General Conspiracies

Walsh with 11 1/2 minutes to p

• 2127 posts
    March 31, 2020 7:45 PM PDT

TSN Hockey Insiders Pierre LeBrun and Darren Dreger gathered for the latest installment of Insider Trading and the topics discussed were the current trade market, the possibility of Martin Brodeur wiaving his no-trade clause trade and sanctions for future goalie fights. Chad Green Jersey . There are roughly four months until TradeCentre but a lot of teams already have instant needs that they want to fill sooner rather than later. Whats the talk? Dreger: Thats primarily because of injuries around the NHL and interest will often spark this type of dialogue between general managers. At the moment, the buyers appear to outnumber the sellers but there are a number of teams who are looking to fill specific needs. The Toronto Maple Leafs are still in the market for a centre. The Edmonton Oilers need a lot of things, among them at the top of the list are defencemen and goaltending. The Winnipeg Jets would like to add a power forward but theyd also look at doing something defensively. The Anaheim Ducks are looking to add a puck-moving defenceman and the Carolina Hurricanes likewise. The Florida Panthers, despite the talk that GM Dale Tallon is looking to do a full renovation or rebuild which he is not looking to do, would like to add some pieces. LeBrun: Martin Brodeur, the games all-time leader in wins, raised some eyebrows on Tuesday after an interview with the Newark Star-Ledger. He said he would possibly consider waiving his no-trade clause if the Devils were out of the playoffs and GM Lou Lamoriello asked him about a trade. I spoke to Brodeur on Tuesday evening and he said "Im not even thinking about a trade and it would have to be Lamoriello coming to me and asking about it.  I would never go to him and ask for a trade at the end of the season." However, Brodeur would not completely rule out waiving his no-trade clause. Fighting is down 12 per cent, but fighting talk is up again after Ray Emerys actions on Friday night. The GMs meet on Tuesday and with the agenda is not yet set, is it fair to say they will be talking about that? LeBrun: Yes, theres a very good chance that will be part of the discussion on Tuesday. Its only a one-day meeting so they will not have a rule recommendation on fighting but they are going to start the discussion again because of whats transpired this season, most recently the brawl in Philadelphia last Friday. I think youll see a lot of exchange of ideas; should they ban goalie fights? Should there be an automatic suspension for a goalie going across the ice for a fight? Should the game misconduct threshold be changed within a game, instead of three fighting majors, possibly lower it to two. I think youre going to hear all sorts of ideas but its more to plant the seed for March, when the three-day GM meetings take place. Why didnt referee Francois St-Laurent step in and intervene during the Emery fight? Dreger: There was a lot of internal discussion over why he didnt step in when there was opportunity for him to and he also very clearly indicated to the Capitals players to stay back. Its easy to analyze after the fact but he couldnt rely on the linesmen, who were tied up already because of the multiple fights taking place on the ice already. What I was told was St-Laurent was sitting back saying "Im afraid the benches are going to clear if I dont manage this situation by watching the bigger picture." Mickey Mantle Jersey . His Chicago Blackhawks teammates werent shocked when he found it. Kanes career has been defined by his brilliance in the Blackhawks biggest moments, and his tiebreaking goal with 3:45 to play in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals will rank among the best. Scott Brosius Jersey . - Loosening up for their first training camp practice, the Miami Dolphins high-stepped sideways up and down the field while House of Pains song "Jump Around" blared on the loudspeakers.Minneapolis, MN (SportsNetwork.com) - Teddy Bridgewater had a touchdown pass and Blair Walsh kicked a pair of field goals as the Minnesota Vikings closed out the season with a 13-9 victory over the Chicago Bears. Bridgewater was 17-of-25 for 209 yards with an interception for the Vikings (7-9), who snapped a two-game losing streak. Matt Asiata carried the ball 19 times for 91 yards. Great team win and great to finish the season on a good note, said Bridgewater. Learned a lot this year and overcame a ton of adversity. Great men with great character. Jay Cutler, back under center after being benched for last weeks game, was 23-of-36 for 172 yards for the Bears (5-11), who dropped their final five games of the season to finish last in the NFC North. I thought every week guys came to work, said Cutler. We had good game plans and the effort was always there, week in and week out. After missing the playoffs for a seventh time in the past eight years, Chicago might be looking to clean house as head coach Marc Trestman and general manager Phil Emery are on the hot seat. I dont have to go into the reasons I expect to be back, said Trestman. I couldnt look at it any other way, or any other focus. My plan is to continue to finalize my notes now that the season is over so that if the opportunity rises I will be able to explain how we fix this thing. Minnesota scored on its first touch of the game, as a 13-play, 61-yard drive was finished off with a Walsh 37-yard field goal with 4:59 to play in the first quarter. Minnesota converted a pair of third downs on the drive. The Bears werent able to put points on the board until late in the first half, as Jay Feely kicked a 48-yard field goal with jusst 55 seconds showing on the clock. Adam Ottavino Jersey. . Alshon Jeffery caught a 19-yard pass on a 3rd-and-8 to keep the drive going. The Vikings started the second half with the ball, but Bridgewater was picked off by Kyle Fuller, leading to a 25-yard field goal from Feely less than two minutes in. Minnesota, though, came right back to take the lead, as Bridgewater went deep down the right side for Adam Thielen, who came down with the ball for a 44- yard score, the first of his career. A 44-yard field goal from Walsh with 11 1/2 minutes to play in the fourth made it a 13-6 game. Chicago got a big return from Marc Mariani on the ensuing kickoff, as he brought the ball 67 yards down to the Minnesota 35. However, the team moved just 18 yards and Feelys 35-yard field goal made it a four-point game with under nine minutes to play. Minnesota was able to eat over six minutes of the clock on its next touch and drove the ball down to the Chicago 3. Facing a 4th-and-1, though, Asiata was stuffed. Cutlers pass on fourth down was complete to Martellus Bennett, but he fell a yard short to turn the ball over on downs, and Bridgewater went into the victory formation. Game Notes Minnesota went 5-3 at home this season ... The Bears finished the season 3-5 on the road ... It was the first time Chicago finished last in the division since 2004 ... The Vikings missed the playoffs for a second straight season ... Matt Forte had 51 yards on 17 carries and eight catches for 23 yards for the Bears. He finished the season with 102 catches, the most ever in NFL history for a running back. Larry Centers held the previous record, with 101 catches for the Cardinals in 1995. ' ' '